Application acceptance will begin August 1, 2023 and will conclude November 30, 2023.
Juried Fine Arts
$5,000 in Awards!
Location: 20115 State Park Rd, AL-135, Gulf Shores, Al
Lake Shelby Picnic Area of Gulf State Park
Festival Dates & Times:
• March 2 & 3, 2024
Saturday • 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday • 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
**Setup (artists booths): Friday, March 1, 2024, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
**Deadline to Apply: Nov 30, 2023
Acceptance Notification: Beginning December 15, 2023.
Artists will begin to receive acceptance or rejection letters December 15, 2023.
Letters are sent in the order they are received.
Booth Space: 12′ x 12′; Tent Size 1O’ x 1O’
- Jury Fee: $25.00 (non-refundable)
- Single Booth Fee: $225.00
- Double Booth Fee: $425.00
- Late fee, after November 30, 2023: $55.00 (no-refundable)
Includes Jury Fee of $25.00
- County Business License (see below)
- *ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER JANUARY 31.*
BALLYHOO TAX AND LICENSE INFORMATION
Artists must have a Baldwin County Business License and will conduct their own sales. Each artist will receive a tax package at check-in and must turn in City taxes to Ballyhoo Festival Staff by 3:30 p.m. at the conclusion of the festival on Sunday. *Please obtain the county license by January 31.
• The Baldwin County contact: Crystal Rice, 251-943-5061 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the fact that our venue is at the beautiful Gulf State Park in Gulf Shore, owned by the State of Alabama, we must abide by State of Alabama rules. The State requires all art and food vendors to submit a background check, which will be submitted to Cindy.email@example.com.
We Love Our Artists!
As a thank you to our participating artists, there will be an Artist Hospitality Tent.
Saturday morning only a light breakfast will be served in our Hospitality Tent. Each artist will receive a wristband in their packet. Tickets must be turned in to receive food. Coca-Cola products compliments of Acme Oyster House and Coca-Cola.
BOOTH INFORMATION AND SET UP
1. Setup will be from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on the FRIDAY, before the festival. Your art can remain packed In boxes inside your tent or it can be set up as it would be for display.
Ballyhoo will provide a uniformed security guard for the Festival site overnight from 8:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m both Friday and Saturday.
2. We Do Not allow large storage containers in back of the tents. However, your vehicles will be close by for additional storage.
3. ALL TENTS MUST BE WEIGHTED DOWN. TENT WEIGHTS MUST BE 80 POUNDS OR MORE FOR EACH CORNER AND WILL BE CHECKED BY DIRECTORS. The island can get very windy, we are just across the street from the beach.
*It is not the responsibility of the Ballyhoo Festival or volunteers to provide tent weights or weather proof your booth. Please come prepared. Each weight will be checked by our
4. The Festival will begin at 9:00 a.m. and judging will begin at 10:00 a.m.
5. Ballyhoo Festival will be over at 4:00 p.m on Sunday. Artists are required to stay until the show closes. Early breakdown with eliminate any future acceptance to the festival.
6. Vehicles will not be allowed inside the festival area after 8 pm Friday night. If there are some instances with art or food vendors where it is absolutely necessary to enter, it must be before 8:00 am Saturday morning or before 9:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. This is for your safety and the safety of our patrons. Not following this rule will automatically result in dismissal from the festival by Park Rangers and no refunds will be given.
7. The Golden Rule – Ballyhoo Festival is presented by volunteers from the Gulf Coast community.
If accepted, you will receive an email with more information.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org