Location: 20115 State Hwy. 135 Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Lake Shelby Picnic Area of Gulf State Park
Festival Dates & Times:
• March 5 – 6, 2022
Saturday • 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday • 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm
**Setup (artists booths): Friday, March 4, 2022, 9am – 8pm
**Deadline to Apply: Dec 31, 2021
Acceptance Notification: Beginning January 15, 2022 via email.
Artists will begin to receive acceptance or rejection letters starting Jan 15.
Letters are sent in the order they are received.
Booth Space: 12′ x 12′; Tent Size 1O’ x 1O’
- Jury Fee: $25.00 (non-refundable)
- Single Booth Fee: $175.00
- Double Booth Fee: $325.00
- Late fee, after December 31, 2021: $55.00 (non-refundable)
Includes Jury Fee of $25.00
- County Business License (see below)
- Booth Fees are nonrefundable two weeks (14 days) before the festival.
BALLYHOO TAX AND LICENSE INFORMATION
Artists must have a Baldwin County Business License and will conduct their own sales. Each artist will receive a tax package at check-in and turn in City taxes to GCAA at the end of the festival day. Please obtain the county license by January 31.
• The contact: Crystal Rice, 25-943-5061 email@example.com.
We Love Our Artists!
As a thank you to our participating artists, there will be a refreshment tent located in the Artists Hospitality Tent.
Breakfast will be served, first come first served. Drinks, Provided by Acme Oyster House and Buffalo Rock, and snacks will be available all day free of charge.
BOOTH INFORMATION AND SET UP
1. Setup will be from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on the FRIDAY, before the festival. Your art can remain packed In boxes inside your tent or it can be set up as it would be for display.
Ballyhoo will provide a uniformed security guard for the Festival site overnight from 8:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m both Friday and Saturday.
2. We Do Not allow large storage containers in back of the tents. However, your vehicles will be close by for additional storage.
3. ALL TENTS MUST BE WEIGHTED DOWN TO ALLOW FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF WIND. The island can get very windy, we are just across the street from the beach.
*It is not the responsibility of the Ballyhoo Festival or the volunteers to provide tent weights.
4. The Festival will begin at 9:00 a.m. and judging will begin at 10:00 a.m.
5. Ballyhoo Festival will be over at 5:00 p.m on Sunday. Artists are required to stay until the show closes. Early breakdown with eliminate future acceptance to the festival.
6. ALL VEHICLES MUST BE OFF THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND IN THE DESIGNATED PARKING AREA BY 8:30AM SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. This is for your safety and the safety of our patrons. Not following this rule will automatically result in dismissal from the festival and no refunds.
7. The Golden Rule – Be Nice! We can solve anything together. Ballyhoo Festival is run by volunteers from the Gulf Shores Community and is a non-profit event of the Gulf Coast Arts Alliance (GCAA). We value our volunteers and artists!
If accepted, you will receive an email with more information.